Clan AmE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Poll

What do you think of the forum

powerful things you should know Vote_lcap33%powerful things you should know Vote_rcap 33% [ 2 ]
powerful things you should know Vote_lcap33%powerful things you should know Vote_rcap 33% [ 2 ]
powerful things you should know Vote_lcap17%powerful things you should know Vote_rcap 17% [ 1 ]
powerful things you should know Vote_lcap17%powerful things you should know Vote_rcap 17% [ 1 ]

Total Votes : 6

powerful things you should know

5 posters

Go down

powerful things you should know Empty powerful things you should know

Post by YamaKazi Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:19 am

there are a few basic things that will GREATLY help players if they are used correctly.

1) if your hero has some form of passive critical strike then its highly recommended to get battle fury first. The reason for this is that any form of splash damage in warcraft 3 ignores armour on the person that is getting hit. in other words if an axe has +50 armor and you hit the creep next to him with 75% splash damage you will kill him very quickly. its also highly recommended that you get lifesteal if you have critical strike for obvious reasons

2) learn how to last hit. it will double or even triple your -cs and since dota is basically a race to see who can get items the fastest you will have a huge advantage. i aim to get 100 -cs by 30 minutes.

3) gang early. the sooner you gang the more likely you are to win.

4) own your lane. if your lane gets owned then its very likely they will try and ask for help, therefore allowing your team mates to farm or leaving the few heroes that don't help exposed to ganging.

5) do not pick more than 2 carry heroes if possible. the more disable a team has the better. this does not however mean that you don't need the damage dealers for end game.

6) always get a sheepstick on an intel hero if possible. i have seen the trend of getting a silence stick early. ITS PURE FAILURE. a sheep stick is far superior for a couple of reasons. if a person gets soul burned then they do not lose movement speed and are still able to use items. for this reason they will most likely get away or most likely not take too much damage. another reason sheep is better is that a sheep has no armour. so the bonus damage you get from soul burn is also gained from a sheep stick. another reason is that a unit cannot attack or do anything in sheep whereas soulburn is fairly useless against carry heroes.

7) watch your mini map as often as possible. online the trend of blaming teamies for being ganged as crept in. it is not necessary to rely on a teammate to look at your mini map for you. you merely have to glance to your bottom left and you will see if there are no dots. calling is something that is meant to aid the player, not replace his ability to see a mini map.

Cool if you are a soft intel hero get a mekanism and vanguard early. there is usually more than enough firepower on an intel hero to own. the problem is that they are puny. so this will stop you from feeding if possible.

9) if you solo a rough combo then do not die or engage the enemy even if you get creep starved. remember your job as solo is to not die and gaining levels. if you are against 2 then its most likely that their solo is against 2 of your team which means you can pull back at certain points and gang him. remember owning the solo is extremely important, so don't get owned

10) stack mana rings if possible. mana rings = perma spam

11) if they have a warlock then get a diffusal blade early. its 150 gold a pop and will kill the infernal instantly. this basically eliminates the ability to push early with warlock and will eliminate the point of him in the game

12) always get a blink stick on an aoe disabler ie mass stun

i also have some extremely awesome combo's to share:

1) pudge;omni
2) lion; venge
3) slardar; enigma
4) sniper; ogre magi
5) zeus; earthshaker
6) tiny; venge
7) witchdoctor; naga siren
Cool earthshaker; enigma
9) sand king; enigma
10) crystal maiden; enigma
11) furion; witchdoctor

i hope these help you guys for now. i'll post a thread on clannie tips when i feel like it. as you can tell i play far too much dota. Smile

YamaKazi

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-03-06

Back to top Go down

powerful things you should know Empty Re: powerful things you should know

Post by Dre21 Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:23 pm

Shot man will help us alot
Dre21
Dre21
Admin

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2009-01-30

https://clan-ame.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sauce Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:27 am

Awesome thread Kazi

Really loving some of those combos Very Happy
Sauce
Sauce

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by D1rk-D1ggl3r Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:42 am

Ya man, those combos opened my eyes up. Shot for the advice
D1rk-D1ggl3r
D1rk-D1ggl3r

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by WaR_MaGe Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:25 pm

dude, ta for the advise, some really good tips.
i remember the pudge omni combo... still brings tears to my eyes Very Happy
WaR_MaGe
WaR_MaGe
Newbies
Newbies

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2009-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by YamaKazi Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:28 pm

he he

YamaKazi