Clan AmE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Poll

What do you think of the forum

Team strat using troll Vote_lcap33%Team strat using troll Vote_rcap 33% [ 2 ]
Team strat using troll Vote_lcap33%Team strat using troll Vote_rcap 33% [ 2 ]
Team strat using troll Vote_lcap17%Team strat using troll Vote_rcap 17% [ 1 ]
Team strat using troll Vote_lcap17%Team strat using troll Vote_rcap 17% [ 1 ]

Total Votes : 6

Team strat using troll

5 posters

Go down

Team strat using troll Empty Team strat using troll

Post by D1rk-D1ggl3r Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:21 am

Ive been thinking of this strat for a long time now. Would like to try it out in a pubbie CM game. troll never gets used in clan dota. I will explain to you guys the picks and why they are picked, and if you guys are keen then maybe one nite when there are 5 of us on we can try it out.
Here are the picks pirat

OMNI -----> The main reasing behind picking Omni is for his repel. 20 second magic immunity at level 4. I have researched from this site
Cicky and they say that repel will overide most buffs except trolls beserk.
The reason would be to buff troll
with this and let him run into battle. A battle will rarely last longer than 10 seconds. So this will stop troll being
disabled and allow
him to tear into the enemies. Of course Omni can then heal and uber team save.

LICH -----> The main reason behind picking Lich is for his Frost armour. Once again I have looked on the net and frost armour does
not override anything, and does not stack with eye of skadi and or cold arrows. But those are not in the strat so its cool.
So already you have a troll running around that is magic immune and +14 armour. Then of course lich has an uber ulti, so ya.

OGRE ---> The main reason for ogre is for his bloodlust. Yes, bloodlust and trolls rampage do stack. The only thing to keep is mind is that
repel must be cast on the hero first before bloodlust, otherwise bloodlust will be overridden. simple. With bloodlust cast, and
rampage, troll gains max attack speed, which is 4 hits per second. And ogre has a stun and AOE slow. not bad teammate 2
have.

MAG -----> The main reason for magnus is his empower. 60% increased damage. The only thing is to cast empower after repel. Also
Magnus has sum nice spam and an AOE disable. Will synch nice with lichs ulti

This leaves us with troll. Depending on the other teams solo, mayb troll should solo to gain levels quicker. IF the other solo is a tinker/zeus
or a krob, then he can lane with omni, and lich can solo. The point of the matter is that troll can farm, but if he struggling or wateva the case is, its ok because the buffs he will recieve will make him be less item dependant than what is required.

I think( here is where ideas will be welcomed) that the item build for troll should be 1xbracer, str treads, helm, and then go for a battlefury and mkb. Lifesteal will make him stay alive longer, battlefury so that in team clashes he hurts in an AOE, and then mkb for dps.

Purge will not be aproblem thanks 2 repel, and we can always ban medusa.
D1rk-D1ggl3r
D1rk-D1ggl3r

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Team strat using troll Empty Re: Team strat using troll

Post by Hybrid Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:36 am

Pub dota - he will smash
Clan dota - he will be raped, sent to pollsmore and raped some more
Hybrid
Hybrid

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2009-02-27

http://clan-bfk.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by D1rk-D1ggl3r Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:10 pm

I know he lacks everything necessary to gank and push, but with the buffs, in a full on team fite he can last the fite and rape the disabler, healer in the team. Hence I want to see if it will work. I know if he is targeted early he will fail, and early on fites he mite not be helpfull but if he can hold his own until lvl 11 he can bust a nut wide open in the other team, with the buffs of course. Otherwise substitute in a void or a gondor, someone with high dps. Now that i think of it, mayb even slardar cud work
D1rk-D1ggl3r
D1rk-D1ggl3r

Back to top Go down

Post by YamaKazi Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:09 pm

this strat is heavily dependant on omni. unfortunately omni is one of the most banned heroes in the game. another thing is that ogre is useless for most of the game. so you basically have a troll, and an ogre who do nothing in fights. considering that omni might be banned you now have a shit storm to deal with. cos a lich and magnataur cant stand up to a fight whether they ganged or 5v5'd

unfortunately this strat will not succeed

YamaKazi

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by D1rk-D1ggl3r Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:09 am

We tried this thing out. it worked in a pub game. I reckon it can work in clan scenario, except replace troll with void, only for his AOE disable. The shit thing with the strat is that the repel overrides the bloodlust. Sad but ya its lank fun to play. If you ever have 5 frends in a game and want some fun, play this strat
D1rk-D1ggl3r
D1rk-D1ggl3r

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortal Tree Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:35 pm

I was thinking, if you throw Warlock in there maybe instead of Ogre, you have another babysitting option if Troll doesn't solo. So you could maybe have a Magnus Omni lane, which is pain.
Also with clashes, he gives another aoe stun option AND the aoe immolation on top of a freakin psycho troll ripping shit up.
Another point: instead of SW and stats Warlock could max SW and FB, which i think would be great when coupled with the aoe of the golem landing, and of course troll's super fast damage output, int heroes would probably die without even having a hand laid upon them. O_o
@Q will Repel override SW?
Mortal Tree
Mortal Tree

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2009-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by D1rk-D1ggl3r Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:36 am

hehe nice one.never thought of that. I think repel will override it. But even if it does his AOE abilities will help so much more in a clash. You make a good point with fatal bonds. Hopefully one nite we can try this strat again with the improvements
D1rk-D1ggl3r
D1rk-D1ggl3r

Back to top Go down

Post by WaR_MaGe Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:40 am

i was witness to this horrific troll SMASH!
we heard cries of OMF, HOW GAY and the like.
was fun. O_O

@mort
nice idea on warlock idea brother.
WaR_MaGe
WaR_MaGe
Newbies
Newbies

Number of posts : 89

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortal Tree Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:55 pm

Well Warlock is always banned so lol, call it a dream Smile
Mortal Tree
Mortal Tree

Number of posts : 86

Back to top Go down

Post by YamaKazi Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:28 am

no no no. You guys need to think before you type. So what if your infernal is buffed? With a good clan team we will ignore your infernal and pound you. Same goes for the troll. Unless the troll has farmed for 40 minutes like a pro and the opposing team hasnt walked all over your team in the numerous fights that shouldve taken place, then this strat will not work. You think troll is awesome but there are heroes out there who are just as awesome, and more useful to the team. Troll is good in an AR but with a real team behind the opponents he will get smashed.

An another thing, infernal can be counter by a simple diffusal blade. There is bound to be a farmer/spam hero in the opponents team who will get diffusal.

Troll can be countered with aoe blind and sheep. Remember a troll can own horrifically if given the chance, but if his team melts and he is left alone then he has no chance. I simply don't support the use of troll

YamaKazi

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by D1rk-D1ggl3r Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:20 pm

Troll with repel is > . The only way it will work, and I mean only, is if the other 4 heroes can defend, apply small amounts of preasure, and by all means allow the troll/faceless void to farm. IF that does happen, you have a winner. I know ivce NEVER seen any international team use him yet, BUT still if applied in an appropriate manner, he can own. Of course is omni is banned, forget it, wont work. We should just give it a shot against a clan, in a clanny scenario. If it fails hands down, we know. If we win, we also know. Even if we put up a 60 min fite, its worth the bash ( no pun intended)
D1rk-D1ggl3r
D1rk-D1ggl3r

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down